1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

espn loses charissa thompson to FOX SAY IT AIN'T SO!!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by shockey, Jun 24, 2013.

1. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Every hot blonde who speaks reasonably well should be looking into the sports talking business these days. If you can just look and act like the next Charissa, Erin, Samantha, or Michelle the sports networks may soon be falling all over themselves to try to hire you away each other.

2. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Charissa Thompson is one of the best-looking women I have ever seen. Only she could get me to watch the train wreck that is SportsNation. Max Kellerman? No thanks.

3. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

Agreed. Was quite smitten with her personality on SportsNation.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. joe

joe Active Member

Totally a 6 with a Claire Danes smile.

5. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Four Five well-known ESPN on-air personalities have left the network recently for other TV opportunities: Erin Andrews, Rachel Nichols, Michelle Beadle, Jenn Brown and Charissa Thompson.

Anyone want to take bets on when Samantha Steele-Ponder or Jenn Brown leaves?

6. podunk press

podunk press Active Member

Jenn Brown already left.

7. shockey

shockey Active Member

yeah, on a cale of 1 to 6, maybe... for those who haven't watched her she also merits significant points for personality/attitude.

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Holy crap, wait ... there's a show now that's hosted by Marcellus Wiley and Max Kellerman?

My uterus just jumped for joy.

9. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Max Kellerman has to be on his seventh life by now, or maybe it's just seven stints at ESPN.

10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Max and Marcellus host(ed? -- I'm not sure anymore) a radio show together on ESPN 710 in LA. They sorta grew on me, but Siciliano was much better.

11. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

They still have the radio show.

Meh.

In fact, all of L.A. sports radio ... meh.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I think it does say something that so many female on-air people figure there isn't a lot of growth potential for their careers at ESPN. They routinely lose quality people (Kremer, Kolber, Nichols, Tafoya, and Bernstein) because the network would rather package a group of shouters, former jocks or media folks for shows.

Draft saved Draft deleted