1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ESPN loses a...well, a terrible one.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Jul 31, 2012.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Mushnick:

2. I know I probably shouldn't mention this but I once sent ESPN a letter begging them to make Stewart Scott wear a monocle on-air. Can't stand Scott and since he has a glass eye - him wearing glasses on-air is just messing with us. I though if ESPN made him wear a monocle it would humble him a bit.

Plus it just makes me chuckle to picture Stewart Scott wearing a monocle.

3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Just make him wear a patch.

4. rmanfredi

rmanfredi Active Member

Or a muzzle.

5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Despite having started this thread, I'm actually somewhat of an ESPN fanboi (could be because I have happy memories of working there...) but damn, the anchor talent they have these days is Market 100-level. Or worse. Sarah Walsh anchoring the prime-time SC and fumbling her first two lines? And if it's not her, its a poorly seasoned rookie with good ol' six-toes. Or worse -- more no-names, screaming.

No wonder CBS and NBC and Comcast are ramping up to compete.

6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

SportsCenter is bordering on unwatchable.

They need to dump open the checkbook for Kilby.

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Fixed.

8. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Fixed again.

9. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Fixed for grammar.

10. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Yeah, probably should have kept that to yourself. Stuart is among the most unwatchable things on the air at ESPN, but no no need to make fun of his eye injury. Though I admit it can be distracting, so maybe I should have kept this to myself too. Hmmm.

I haven't been an ESPN fanboi for several years, but I have tried to continue to watch because I enjoy sports. It has become a caricature of itself. It's almost like they're messing with us at this point with all the Tebow birthday crap earlier this week and the Jets camp sit-in and Tebow running shirtless in the rain. They also revamped First Take, and it might be even worse than before. Makes me want to start getting back into the gym during the day before work. Almost.

11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Word on the street is that KFWB AM980 is the new CBS Sports Radio station in LA.

12. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

No more giving them 22 minutes and they'll give you the world?

Draft saved Draft deleted