1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ESPN loses a...well, a terrible one.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Jul 31, 2012.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

No, not Berman...but my personal No. 1 worst person at ESPN, Doug Gottleib.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/blog/eye-on-college-basketball/19694825/cbs-hires-doug-gottlieb-from-espn

2. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Whatever you do, don't leave your credit card out around him.

3. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Of all the ones at the mothership, he's you're No. 1? So many more ranked ahead/below him.

4. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

I'm with MileHigh on this one. He may be hateable, but he's never shied away from explaining how he got kicked out of Notre Dame behind the credit card thefts, and how Sutton gave him a second chance at Okie State. Plus, I like his brutal honesty, whether I agree with it or not, when it comes to teams, coaches, and college basketball.

He ain't no Digger Phelps and he's behind Jay Bilas when it comes to what he really thinks about the game.

He's one of the more enjoyable listens on ESPN Radio for me.

5. MileHigh

Not saying he's enjoyable by any means, but there are so many other clown acts above/below him that he's really a nonfactor for me.

6. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

Bilas is the best analyst for any sport at ESPN.

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Yep, he's my No. 1. And not just because of his open, seething hatred of everything Mizzou.

He's just terrible at what he does, in a professional broadcaster sense, and he really grates on my nerves.

8. MileHigh

And that's fine. But to me, there are many more who are worse on the mothership.

9. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Personally, I don't know where I'd rank him (there are a few at the network I dislike more), but I definitely won't miss him on ESPN Radio.

10. PeterGibbons

PeterGibbons Member

He's also never been afraid to tell the world how great he is, or how much he knows about pretty much everything.

I won't go as far to say ESPN radio will be better without him, because I'm sure they'll put another self-important douche in his spot, since that's what the majority of their radios guys are. But, I know I won't miss him or his constantly patting himself on the back or telling the world how smart he is.

11. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

This.

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

CBS is launching a 24-hour sports radio network?

That's sort of interesting. I wonder if they'll be able to get decent affiliates.

Draft saved Draft deleted