1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ESPN: Les Miles to remain at LSU

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Yawn, Dec 1, 2007.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Or, have it get out that you asked for permission to talk to Michigan.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

To be fair, wasn't it Michigan that asked for permission to talk with Miles? Not like he had brushed them off up until this point, but it's an important difference.

And, as an LSU grad and fan, all I can say is....

[size=10pt]FUCK!!! :mad:[/size]

3. etsuwes

etsuwes Member

There was plenty of laughter and chuckling among media members and others down there. It was quick and to the point. At the end of the press conference Les said "have a great day" as if to say "F-you!"

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Really bad form on ESPN's part to edit out the reference, since the basis for having the press conference was in direct response to the GameDay report.

5. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Probably Kirk Ferentz. The program's going to hell.

Oh, wait...

6. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Great answer by the chancellor:

"Chancellor, are you going to stay and answer questions?"

"What he said." And he gets up and walks off.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Count me among those who is enjoying the hell out of Herbstreit getting one wrong...

Miles played it perfectly and probably got a shitload of coin to stay in Death Valley... Good for him...

8. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

If Michigan wants Ferentz over Brian Kelly, its leadership is dumber than I thought.

Kelly is the man, and he'll make some big program really happy in the near future.

9. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I will say, I was listening to ESPN Radio in the car after the nres conference, and they were furiously trying to cover Herbie's tracks, blathering on about him being either given bad information, or being told this by someone who thought it was done.

10. pressmurphy

pressmurphy Member

Think Herbie got distracted while reading injury reports filed by Chris Mortensen.

11. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Then someone need to tell Carr and Mary Sue Coleman to stop salivating like Pavlov's dogs everytime Ferentz's name is brought up.

Please Ron English, get this job.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Stunning that a Michigan source would give bad info to a Ohio State graduate... ;D

Seriously, I think the source probably thought it was true. Hell, maybe it was true until LSU ponied up a shitload of money. Who knows?

I've heard from a lot of people that the exact same thing happened with Rich Rodriguez over the Bama job last year.

I just think it's ridiculous when these coaches come out and act like ESPN just maid the whole thing up...

Draft saved Draft deleted