1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ESPN is ridiculous.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Kroog City, Jul 7, 2007.

1. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

Friend of mine brought up something tonight, while I was bitching about the ESPYS in a bar....someone needs to come along and show the same sort of stuff ESPN was showing when it got big, the same sort of stuff CNN was showing when it got big, and the same sort of stuff MTV/VH1 were showing when they got big. Because all of those channels have changed drastically, and not at all for the better. Matter of fact, they're all pretty fucking worthless.

2. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

And yet I bet the ratings are better for all now. Not saying it's right, just saying that would seem to be the reason for the change and then the continuing in the same direction away from what they originally were.

3. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

I'm not talking about a concrete number. Of course the number of viewers would be higher than 20 years ago. I mean that I'm sure they aren't losing viewers by airing "Scott Baio is 45 and Single" or "Flavor of Love" or else they wouldn't keep turning that type of thing out. Same type of reasoning applies to MTV and ESPN; the stuff many around here find dumb are embraced by the general population.

As for CNN, I really couldn't tell you the difference from what they do now to what they used to do, so I can't really speak to its situation.

Draft saved Draft deleted