1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ESPN is ridiculous.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Kroog City, Jul 7, 2007.

1. Kroog City

Kroog City Member

I apologize if somebody beat me to the punch on this one, but how incredibly stupid is this Who's Now garbage?

I understand wanting to offer something new and fresh that is a break from the norm - but this is horrendous.

Maybe I'm old-fashioned, but I would much rather watch another 5 seconds of every highlight they choose to show on SC, or hear something about another legit sport they choose to neglect in the time used for that segment (i.e. soccer) than watch Keyshawn Johnson, one of the 'experts' on the Who's Now panel ramble on about how much he doesn't know enough about the people his vote counts for or against.

Furthermore, if I was Keyshawn I would be angry at the turns my life has taken... saying on national tv that I can't wait to be a mentor and being immediately released, being forced into retirement by every NFL team choosing not to bring me aboard, and then having my only work on ESPN being a part of this atrocious waste of time.

Also - Herbstreit is fine, but the other two on the panel should be Greenberg and Phillips - the self proclaimed 'metrosexuals.'

This whole thing is dumb.

EDIT: I just saw the intro to the segment on the show, and the joker they have in it looks like a blind man walking down an unfamiliar hallway. The segment is awful before it even starts.

2. I thought Aristophanes was ridiculous.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Who's he pitch for? ;D

4. NO MORE GREEK CLUES!

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Why are you yelling -- it's early and it's Saturday

6. IU90

IU90 Member

I've steadfastly avoided watching that show, but know exactly what you're talking about. I'd much rather ESPN go back to the days of broadcasting Australian Rules Football (who remembers that?) than all the reality show/game show type bullshit they've turned to in recent years. Along the way the true sports fans have been kicked out of ESPN's programming inside circle and the soulless corporate hacks have completely taken over.

7. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

<a href="http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/43720/">
    I couldn't agree more, but there's already a thread about this idiotic stuff.</a>

8. Yawn

Yawn New Member

''

ESPN is stealing your jobs and destroying your industry.

9. leo1

leo1 Active Member

calling this shit 'dumb' is the understatement of the year

10. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

How about these suggestions to ESPN:

End this NOW.

Whoever came up with this idea is fired NOW.

What possible explanation can the ombudsman at ESPN give to back up the necessity of this show NOW or ever?

11. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

So would I. I LOVE Australian Rules Football. Used to have several people over during the Grand Final when I was in college. Half of them wouldn't understand what the hell was going on, which would make things even more interesting.

12. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

Beautiful. :) Pencil ... graphite!

Draft saved Draft deleted