1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ESPN is at rock bottom...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by poindexter, Dec 13, 2012.

1. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

These folks?

aas.fas.harvard.edu/directory/faculty

2. Drip

Drip Active Member

Nothing's funny about a stupid-ass post Stoney, including yours.

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

lol

Keepin it real/

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Let me know Harvard's nuanced thoughts on black guys with white wives. I'm dying to know.

5. Drip

Drip Active Member

Yeah, also like to know about white guys and black wives too.

6. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

I agree. ESPN as a news agency only exists to promote the stuff it has the broadcast rights to.

When they lost the NHL rights, hockey almost disappeared from SportsCenter. How much of the Olympics do they cover? But they bend over backwards to tell us how important the NFL, NBA, MLB and college football/basketball are, because they happen to have the rights to those leagues.

7. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Whether you like it or not ESPN is there to make money for their shareholders. They are doing a hell of a job of doing that. Why would they change what they are doing?

8. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

If that's what they want, fine. Doesn't mean I am required to watch or work for them. Life goes on.

9. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Seems like tonight they are covering a pair of high school basketball games. OK, fine, whatever.

10. JC

JC Well-Known Member

ESPN weeps that you will not work for them. Although, a first take debate between you and Rob Parker would be entertaining as hell

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Wobb Pahkah is ESPN's "Nat X" -- their designated Angry Black Man.

In other words, another version of Stepin Fetchit -- the black man paid to do the minstrel dance his massahs enjoy.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

If Rob Parker's not talking about authenticity, what he's talking about? I'm interested what people think, especially Drip and his friend offscreen.

Draft saved Draft deleted