1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ESPN is at rock bottom...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by poindexter, Dec 13, 2012.

1. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Is bigamy illegal in D.C.?

2. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I'm sure he's a lovely, respectful partner from a good family LTL.

3. btm

btm Member

I'm glad we have Sheiky to cut through all the BS and cut right to the heart of the matter.

4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

At a symposium called "Questioning the Assumptions, Questions and Cliches of Male 'Authenticity' in African-American Popular Culture"?

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I just want to know what Griffin's wife thinks about him being engaged to somebody else.

6. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

I thought Jalen Rose was ESPN's go-to for whether athletes are sufficiently African-American.

7. Drip

Drip Active Member

I just had a friend of mine, who is African-American, read your post and they laughed. They added that you have no clue about what you're posting and I'm inclined to agree.

8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Besides guys like you, who would attend a symposium called "Questioning the Assumptions, Questions and Cliches of Male 'Authenticity' in African-American Popular Culture"?

Good god, we've got some real loads on this board.

9. Drip

Drip Active Member

And that's being kind.

10. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Funny how your singular friend turned all plural in the second half of the sentence. Not a good sign when you can't even keep your story straight within the same sentence.

11. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Never understood what on earth that meant. Are we talking about someone's skin color or the way they act?

When I was much younger, sports was seen by many blacks as a way to escape the ghetto lifestyle. Over the years it seems too many now want to bring the ghetto with them. This has been a big part of the polarization of the overall socio-economic landscape and why more whites hate blacks and more blacks hate whites.

So what does it mean to be black? Is it the way one dresses, talks, acts, etc.? Is there a prescribed way one is supposed to do that?

You may not be able to control how you were born or what circumstances you were born into. You darn sure can control how you act and live.

12. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

When ESPN has three successive clips about why the Lakers lost again, combined with Kobe and LeBron's opinions on just about every non-basketball related event under the sun, it just isn't worth sitting around waiting for the top 10 plays.

When ESPN spent parts of every telecast trying to get LeBron to sign with the Knicks when that was a hot topic, it became too much.

I remember when they reported the news, not shoved teams and players down our throats.

If you don't play in a large market, in ESPNland, you aren't shit.

I fucking hate ESPN.

Draft saved Draft deleted