1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ESPN is at rock bottom...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by poindexter, Dec 13, 2012.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Don't fuck with Diddy. He's made.

2. Drip

Drip Active Member

WTF?

3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Why do you think some African-American teens denigrate other African-American teens for 'sounding white' or 'trying to be white' when they excel at school?

They challenge them for being insufficiently 'black.' For being 'inauthentic.'

4. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

Drip is a studio gangster.

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Donovan McNabb was not black enough for the head of the Philadelphia chapter of the NAACP.

Discuss.

6. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

@the_ironsheik "Bubba the Rob Parker talk about RG3 black and how he not like the black man. what the fuck he talk about he sound like lanny poffo fuck that "

7. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Careful. He'll bust a sternly worded PM in your ass.

8. SellOut

SellOut Member

Watched the clip, it wasn't accusatory as much as it was "I'm just wondering." That being said, what if Skip had said it. And the fact it's a guy who went to school at South Connecticut State, Columbia and NYU questioning the authenticity of another black guy is kind of laughable.
    Is it important for African-American athletes to be part of "the movement" as Rob put it. I have fucking clue. I also don't fucking care. Why does it fucking matter. Isn't it OK to be post-racial these days? Apparently not.

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Gangsta is the preferred nomenclature, dude

10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

When is it the right time to have a discussion about whether a black guy has a white fiancee?

11. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

Excellent. Always happy to have new sig material.

12. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I said this on the other thread, but if Awful Announcing is correct that RG3 has a "white fiance," we've got a much bigger story than race here.

Draft saved Draft deleted