1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ESPN Holly Rowe shoves reporter to get interview with brady Hoke

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by blog415, Jan 4, 2012.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Re: ESPN Holly Rowe shoves Angelique Chengelis to get interview with brady Hoke

She's only 5'5"" but her big butt lets her rebound like she is 6'4" / Al McGuire

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Holly set a nice pick, but I didn't see anyone heading to the basket.

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

lol

4. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

I don't know if she's LDS or not (she went to Utah), but her move is also used to get the end seats in Relief Society.

5. Rudy Petross

Rudy Petross Member

Hate to side with the Worldwide Leader on this one but they paid for the rights for the game so they get first crack at interviews. If it had been a local TV reporter or even a network then the coach is fair game. We used to go through this at the PGA Championship all the time. CBS paid for it, they get the winner after the final round, that simple. Now when Golf Channel tried to get an exclusive after CBS it was like go pound sand you are with the rest of us.

6. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

It was bad media management by the Sugar Bowl media relations staff. Only allow those who get immediate post-game interviews onto the field.

When I the media relations for an event, the Sky News crew were the only ones allowed on-field access. The print and Web guys had to wait until after the cool-down period.

7. podunk press

podunk press Active Member

Total non-issue.

And for those of you mocking Holly's questions, what's she supposed to ask?

"Coach, would you send a kicker that was late to curfew home on a Greyhound bus?"

Beamer made some bad calls last night, but I love that he did that.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

My favorite angling for position story came at a NBA playoff game.

Bench player comes out of nowhere and is the leading scorer and hits the game-winning shot. It's a notoriously bad locker room and this guy is one of the only good quotes on the team. He is essentially the only story for the next day. He was the last one into the locker room and a couple of us just camped out at his locker for about 15-20 minutes.

The player comes in and I'm standing right next to him and our columnist was next to me. One of the TV guys (a notorious dick) comes in late and shoves his way in between us, hitting me and a couple others in the face during the process.

The mic that the TV was holding was right next to our columnist's face and when the player started talking, our columnist started saying very softly right into the mic... "Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck...." over and over again. He was doing it very softly. If you weren't watching him there was no way you would have noticed.

As we're filing, the TV guy comes in and starts screaming at the PR guy, who has no idea what is going on.

The TV guy then runs to a competitor and demands that he share his audio. He is promptly told to fuck off and the two almost come to blows.

They were the only channel not to have any audio from the player.

9. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Let's face it. Holly has a history of bad questions.

If she wanted to ask a good question she should ask why Hoke makes the most electric player in college football play as if he 2 legs are tied together.

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Can we get a thread title change now that it's been confirmed it's not Angelique?

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Good call...

12. bpoindexter

bpoindexter Active Member

Back in Bristol, Holly probably got a big ol' "Atta girl!"

Someday, though, something serious could happen in that postgame moment, and instead of taking some of the precautionary measures already stated here, everyone will wonder why it happened?

Those pre- and post-game and halftime TV interviews are ridiculous anyway. I'll start paying attention the day a coach says, "Nevermind our first-half performance Holly, how 'bout you and I have dinner tonight?"

Draft saved Draft deleted