1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ESPN Holly Rowe shoves reporter to get interview with brady Hoke

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by blog415, Jan 4, 2012.

1. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Re: ESPN Holly Rowe shoves Angelique Chengelis to get interview with brady Hoke

Yeah, but Holly Rowe had to get those hard-hitting questions in...like "describe what you are feeling right now" and "What were you feeling as the ball sailed through the uprights?"

2. Turtle Wexler

Turtle Wexler Member

I've seen better blocking at JV basketball practice. Much ado about nothing.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Never understood those post-game media swarms. I'm surprised football leagues allow reporters (not broadcasting the game) on the field. Cameras I can understand (gotta get that handshake), but the throng always strikes me as more trouble than anything you might get would be worth (barring coaches fighting at midfield).
    Why not designate a spot on the field to bring coaches and players to reporters?

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

The world awaits the answers to those questions.

What a suck-up comic book.

5. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

It's called good technique, sweetheart.

6. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

In her defense they were probably throwing it down to her for the interview. She probably wasn't thinking too clearly. Still, funny video.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

That's definitely not Ms. Chengelis.
    But if Rowe had put her hips into the block, it would have been the best one on the field all day.

8. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I didn't think that was Chengelis either. I know her just a little and wouldn't think she'd deck a rude reporter with cameras rolling, but would run her silly around a tennis court.

9. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Gold.

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The only reason there's anything about this is because it's two women and one is from ESPN.

That was nothing.

11. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

It's also unbelievable that you posted a link to your own blog instead of a direct link to the YouTube video. You're a tool, D Wizzle.

Here's the direct YouTube link.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I've seen worse at just about every single media day I've ever been to.

Draft saved Draft deleted