1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ESPN Holly Rowe shoves reporter to get interview with brady Hoke

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by blog415, Jan 4, 2012.

1. blog415

blog415 Member

http://dwizzlesworld.blogspot.com/2012/01/espn-reporter-holly-rowe-shoves-and.html

Here's the video of what happened. Unbelivable!!!

2. blog415

blog415 Member

Re: ESPN Holly Rowe shoves Angelique Chengelis to get interview with brady Hoke

That woman is Angelique Chenglis of the Detroit News

3. Double J

Double J Active Member

Holy shit.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Not excusing Rowe, but doesn't ESPN have some sort of exclusive window for interviews as part of their TV contract?
    I remember covering the D-II national championship some years ago and they made mention of a 10-minute window (not the normal "cooling off" period) where no on-field interviews were permitted. No idea if that's continued or if it's part of the contract with the BCS bowls.
    It'd be hard to enforce with most of the players, but the head coach is obviously a different case.

5. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

To me it's up to an ESPN production assistant or the school's SID department to corral the coach. If one of the WWL's blondes aren't quick enough, tough shit.
    And if I'm Angelique, I dog-cuss her and maybe give her a forearm back as soon as she's done asking her lame questions.

6. nempreps

nempreps New Member

She just wanted it more?

7. Double J

Double J Active Member

If I'm inclined to do that, I'm not going to wait until she's done her interview.

8. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Just checked Angelique's Twitter feed and she has this posted:

Lol lol!!!!! That was NOT me on the field!!!! Lol
    1:13 AM - 4 Jan 12 via Twitter for iPhone · Details

Retweet
    Favorite

9. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

In the immortal words of Joey Styles...

Cat Fight! Cat Fight!

10. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

"shoves"

More like saddled inbetween and it's not like the other reporter seemed to mind. Probably a rookie mistake anyway...no need to hound the Hoke .2 milliseconds after a handshake. It's just common knowledge...that's ESPN's time.

11. flexmaster33

flexmaster33 Well-Known Member

I'm surprised it got to that with all the $$$ ESPN has thrown at college football...they should have had it blocked off with security/body guards so that they got the first on-field interview. I hate that idea, but it what millions and millions of $$$ buys you nowadays.

12. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Is it unprofessional of me to say that if I were the woman getting shoved out the way, I would have calmly walked away, gone back, gotten my quote, wrote my story then tracked down the person who shoved me, cussed her out and punched her in the face?

Draft saved Draft deleted