1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ESPN grabs a good one from Baltimore Sun

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Moderator1, Oct 25, 2007.

1. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I don't know Heather personally, but I've heard lots of good things about her from people, in and out of the business. (Knew some folks from back where she was in Pennsylvania.)

Always was a little underappreciated when she worked in State College.

2. Cadet

Cadet Guest

I know Heather, and she's fantastic. Congrats to her on the move, if working for the WWL is what she really wants to do. :)

3. Dadgum?

4. InTheSkeller

InTheSkeller Member

Yeah, dadgum. It's a Bowden reference, fyi. Listen to any sound bite from the guy and it pops up about once or twice every 30 seconds.

5. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

I'm unclear on one aspect of this.

These people they're adding, are they full-time hires, or are they going to do contract work for ESPN while keeping their other jobs? Anybody know?

6. I believe they're full-time hires -- no other newspaper or media gigs -- but not ESPN headcount. They're contract hires from what I've heard.

7. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Heather went through my alma mater, have also heard good things. Will ESPN be plucking a writer from every conference? They need not hire anyone else to help them with the SEC.

8. Lion_Woods

Lion_Woods Active Member

Are we sure this is a full-time hire? Because I thought ESPN.com was looking to hire someone on a freelance basis to cover the ACC?

9. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

It could be full time in the sense that the cash is very, very good.

10. Highway 101

Highway 101 Active Member

Congrats to Dinzy!

Another Hoosier moving on up.

11. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

I don't know Heather well, but I heard JoePa didn't care for her during her time in State College.
    That's good enough for me - anyone who can tick off that cranky old SOB must have been doing something right.
    Good luck at ESPN.

12. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Joe also didn't care too much for some other female reporters on the beat. It is what it is.

Draft saved Draft deleted