1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ESPN GamePlan

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Crimson Tide, Aug 29, 2006.

1. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

You'll get any other games that are normally pay-per-vew too.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Not necessarily. There are some PPV games that are only available in select areas, usually the home states/cities of the two schools.

I'm not sure but I think you have to wait until the day of the game to buy a single game. Could be wrong though.

3. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Crimson Tide said he was in Idaho. I don't think Alabama (which I assume is what he/she is most interested in) plays the Vandals this year.

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I was politely trying to tell him he's fucked.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Its about the only small overmatched D1 school they havent scheduled....

6. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

As one of the only guys in America who gives two shits about the WAC, I'm wondering if anybody out there can tell me how many WAC games get picked up on this thing throughout the season. A couple a week? Hardly any? I'm kicking around ordering this thing, but am kind of torn on pulling the trigger as I already have all the ESPNs, CSTV and just about every other available channel and probably have access to more college football than anybody would ever actually watch. But it hurts ... maybe not as bad as sitting on a bicycle without a seat ... to have a game that you want to watch but can't. Forbidden fruit, baby ... any thoughts?

7. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

bangs,

there are always wac games on in the 3:00 window and usually at night.

8. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

I went the Cheapo Route and paid $4.99 for my cable company's "sports pak" which includes three Fox College Sports channels and CSTV. Add that to the coverage I get on the Sunshine Network, Fox Sports Florida, CBS, ABC, NBC, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, iTV and whatever Jefferson Pilot is called now...I think I'm covered for the season.

Draft saved Draft deleted