1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ESPN - Fantasy Games Assoc Mgr

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by McNuggetsMan, Nov 16, 2007.

1. McNuggetsMan

McNuggetsMan Active Member

Does anyone know anything about this position? I have a lot of interest in it because I am trying to transition from journalism to business by getting my MBA and this seems like a good blend of both. I am looking for a contact person that might be able to get me off the electonic resume pile and into the hands of someone who can help me.

Fantasy Games Assoc Mgr

ESPN Enterprises – Digital Media

Job Id: 122606

ESPN’s Digital Media team is seeking an ambitious and bright individual to support our Fantasy business. The position requires strong communication and collaboration skills, with an experienced business background preferably in the sports and Online / Digital Media space. Ideal candidate will have 2-4 years of combined work experience.

Specific Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:

1. Help coordinate and manage day-to-day Fantasy Games business.

2. Serve as Fantasy team’s liaison with various ESPN groups including editorial, ad sales, marketing, affiliate sales & marketing, technology and finance.

3. Facilitate the integration and promotion of ESPN Fantasy Games across multiple ESPN programs and platforms.

4. Participate in Fantasy product roadmap evaluation, content development, launch promotion planning and overall strategy discussions.

5. Help manage multiple existing third-party relationships, in addition to actively exploring new potential external deals, partnerships, acquisitions, etc.

6. Identify and develop new revenue opportunities across all Fantasy Game platforms.

Qualifications:

1. Proven track record of effectively managing key relationships.

2. Dedicated, hard working team player.

3. Excellent communication and collaboration skills.

4. Ability to think creatively and strategically.

5. Ability to manage multiple time-sensitive projects simultaneously.

6. Four-year college degree required.

7. Prefer at least 2-4 years of combined work experience in business, preferably in the sports and Online / Digital Media space.

8. Strong interest in sports – avid Fantasy Gamer who has strong knowledge about the industry and key players in the space.

2. I know someone who is a programmer there. He says you have to deal with a lot of the corporate BS you would anywhere else, but that there is a lot of fun to be had at time. Whenever there's a big sports event, they order tons of food and work turns into a big party.

That having been said, he periodically works a ton of hours. During the early part of this fantasy football season, when ESPN.com was having some problems, he pulled three all-nighters in a five-day stretch. The same thing happened at the start of the baseball season, when their draft got messed up and they ended up as one of Keith Olbermann's "worst people in the world" on MSNBC's Countdown.

Draft saved Draft deleted