1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ESPN fanning the Billy D to UK flames

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by spnited, Mar 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I don't think I remember the sports folks saying 'we.' Though I'm pretty sure the talking-head anchors, especially on 27 or 18, did.

2. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

It's a growing epidemic to be certain, although I can't imagine how bad it is there from some of the stories on here. ...

It's rampant here, to be sure.

3. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

It's insane. Channel 18 was (when I lived there at least) the 'home of the True Blue fans!' and they'd all have to wear these inane pins the station made up, and they'd have like UK hats on and blue blazers and they'd be doing lots of fan stories from "Catlanta" or whatever stupid name they came up with for the city the UK fans descended on.

Gag.

4. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

That'd be hoping for way, way too much.

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Clem Haskins is available.

6. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

Something lost in this thread: Is the consensus that Billy Donovan is a pretty damned good college basketball coach? Or that he got lucky last year and luckier this year, when the players decided to stick around.

My take is the former.

7. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Lexington and three-quarters of the state.

8. Armchair_QB

You still have to coach them.

9. Mean, lad.
    Very mean.

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I think people thought Donovan got lucky in 2000 when they should have lost to Butler and other than a Sweet 16 upset over Duke, had a ridiculously favorable draw to get to the final.

Florida then lost in the first or second round to double-digit seeds the next five years.

But I think as he's on the verge of repeating, it's safe to say the guy is a hell of a coach...

11. Armchair_QB

;D

Hey, he's a native.

12. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

And Lute Olsen was more known for his teams' gaack jobs until 1997, when his team had to beat three No. 1s to win.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.