1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ESPN fanning the Billy D to UK flames

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by spnited, Mar 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

I distinctly remember freezing my ass off in Gainesville, so I looked it up:
    Gainesville's climate is defined as humid subtropical. Due to its inland location, Gainesville experiences wide temperature fluctuation for Florida. During the summer season, roughly from May 15 to September 30, the city's climate is the same as the rest of the state, with frequent downpours and high humidity. Temperatures range from the low 70s at night to around 90 °F during the day on average.[8] From mid-October through late April, however, the Gainesville area has a climate distinct from peninsular Florida with frequent freezing temperatures at night and sustained freezes occurring every few years. The all time record low of 10 °F (-12 °C) was reached on January 21, 1985,[9] and the city was struck by a substantial snow and ice storm on Christmas Eve, 1989. In winter, highs average between 66 and 69 °F (19-21 °C), and lows average between 42 and 45 °F (6-7 °C).[8] In an average winter, Gainesville will see temperatures drop below 20 °F (-7 °C).[10] In Gainesville, cold temperatures are almost always accompanied by clear skies and high pressure systems; snow is therefore rare.

Short version: the weather in Gainesville sucks.

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Boots says you're wrong. The end.

3. boots

boots New Member

This really is getting assine. You're arguing over weather? Damn that's fucked up.

4. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

YOU'RE arguing over weather.

There's no plausible way you have lived all the places you claim to have lived, know all the people you claim to know, and have worked at all the places you claim to have worked. And if you lived in both Lex and Gainesville and you think Gainesville is more civilized, then I feel really sorry for you.

5. boots

boots New Member

I never told you where I live or where I've lived. You don't know a damn thing about me or my up bringing.
    You have issues beyond issues. Feel sorry for yourself, not me.
    Damn, arguing over weather? If that's not retarded, I don't know what is. You're more twisted than a pretzel girl. And a stale one at that.

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

*quietly sitting down with a bowl of popcorn and rooting for IJAG

7. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I haven't discussed weather on here, boots.

And you most definitely have mentioned where you've lived. Pretty much everything you post is some real-life experience you have with every topic.

You're a caricature of a caricature. And I'm sorry I let you drag me down to your level. Enjoy your psychosis.

8. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Boots can't talk now. He's at RFK watching the Nats game.

9. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Oh, wait. Forgot to turn my sarcasm font on.

Wow. Good one, Boots.

10. boots

boots New Member

That was yesterday. Awful game. Great weather. Great friends. We brought our laptops and drank beer and at hot dogs. When the game got out of hand, and I became bored, I began sending notes from RFK. No big deal. Have done it many times from other places. Others here do the same thing.
    I've got a few comp days off and to be honest, have nothing but time to dick around.

11. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

So you sat in the stands, all of you with laptops on your laps, eating hot dogs, drinking beer, and cruising the internet?

12. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Who doesn't do that?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.