1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ESPN Fan Satisfaction Rankings

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JR, Apr 23, 2008.

1. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Yeah, some of the categories seem somewhat arbitrary and hard to gauge. Also, I wonder where they found the respondents.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I did a sort by "Stadium Experience" just to see how that ranked out. Green Bay was No. 1, which isn't a surprise. The Minnesota Wild is No. 2, which also isn't a surprise given what I've heard about the Xcel Center. But the Columbus Bluejackets came in No. 3. That really surprised me. I hope somebody from NHLSportsJournalists.com can give us an idea why Columbus scores so high.

The Pirates also came in at No. 10 in that category.

The bottom four were:

119: Twins
    120: Vikings
    121: Jets
    122: Marlins

3. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

The thing that got me about the Hornets rating was that apparently there's more than 30 team owners less loyal than George Shinn.

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Not an NHL regular, but my scientific wild-ass guess is, like in Green Bay and Sacramento and SA, the Blue Jackets are the only pro game in town.

Of course, that doesn't explain the Memphis Grizzlies.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

How the Pirates didn't finish DFL is a shock.

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Well they are competing with Memphis' other pro basketball team.

7. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

How embarrassing.

The Pistons, Tigers and Wings are all in the top 12.

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

They do run promos all the time during NESN broadcasts about how you can sign up to become a member of Red Sox Nation, though. And really, who's going to pass on that. I will give the Sox credit for this much -- they always seem to find new bogus ways to try and get fans' money.

Seeing the Penguins and Steelers back-to-back at Nos. 24 and 25 sounds right, as does the Royals at No. 55. Royals have a great stadium and cheap, cheap tickets.

Re: Penguins ranked No. 3 for ease of access to players, coaches and management, I'm guessing this might one reason for that ...

9. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Sirs, Madames,

They got it absolutely right on the Wild and the stadium experience. I'd like to give Montreal a higher mark in that category (even if a cop watching his car go up in flames might disagree) but Minnesota is the best in hockey. I'm sorta shocked that somebody noticed. I can't imagine what it would be like if Jacques Lemaire went on sabbatical and they loosed Gaborik.

YD&OHS, etc

10. Baltimoreguy

Baltimoreguy Member

Orioles last among baseball teams and #111 overall. Angelos really did kill the golden goose that was Camden Yards.

11. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

How are the Carolina Hurricanes #1 in the Title Track (Titles already won or expected) category? They won the Stanley Cup two years ago and haven't qualified for the playoffs since.

12. sports scrub

sports scrub Member

I second that, my boycott of everything buccos is in its third season, won't be lifted until the team flirts with .500 in September (may never end); btw; I am a diehard Pens and Stillers loser fanboy ...

Draft saved Draft deleted