1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ESPN: Dirk is NBA MVP

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by CentralIllinoisan, May 10, 2007.

1. boots

boots New Member

Dirk was the MVP of the NBA but he was MIA when the Mavs needed him the most.

2. Breakyoself

Breakyoself Member

Kobe's name has to be in there. the Lakers are awful without him, and his numbers warrant him being mentioned. first-team defense and all-nba.

not saying he should win, but he needs to be discussed along with nash, dirk, lebron and anyone else.

3. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

You mean the LeBron James who was on the second team for All-NBA? That one?

4. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

What a joke that was. Dirk Nowitzki over LBJ? HA!

Exactly.

5. da man

da man Well-Known Member

We know exactly what the Mavericks would be without Dirk. We saw it in the first round of the playoffs.

6. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Yes, for their performances in the regular season. LeBron, as good as he is, didn't play as well this season as he did last. There are those who say he mailed in the first half of the year until the all-star break. The NBA writers got this one right.

Oh and as far as Nash/Parker, Parker was guarded primarily by Shawn Marion in game 2, one of the least appreciated defenders in the game. That's why Parker had a poor game.

7. Chuck~Taylor

The reason why his numbers dropped was because Brown changed the offense(he's said this many times). But in the end, it still dosn't matter. Last season, Bron averaged 31, 7, and 7. That's crazy. Now let's look at this year's numbers:
    LeBron: 27, 7 rebounds, 6 assists per
    Dirk: 25, 9 rebounds(keep in mind, this guy is 7 feet tall), 3 assists per

Looks like LeBron had a "bad" year and he still did better than Dirk.

Secondly, dosn't that help my point about Nash?

P.S. We can argue stats all day, but there's no question that 'Bron is the better player.

8. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Just because I disagree with you on one point doesn't mean I can't stick up for you on another discussion Chuck. ;D

Sure LeBron is the better player. But the MVP to many is who had the better year. And for most writers, and a lot of board members, it was Nowitski.

9. Second Thoughts

Second Thoughts Active Member

Come on. The Suns looked lost in those 45 seconds without Nash. Those weren't "great" passes from Barbosa either. And don't forget, 45 seconds in the NBA is a friggin eternity.

Would the Suns have won? Maybe not. But losing Nash took away the chance.

And, for the record, I thought Dirk was a good MVP choice LAST year.

10. Chuck~Taylor

But aren't those shots what you want? I take it you watched the game. Weren't those shots great looks? So in my opinion, it would'nt of mattered.

P.S. And like I said before, Nash is a defensive liability.

11. Double J

Double J Active Member

What does the 36th President of the United States have to do with this discussion?

[​IMG]

12. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

That is BS that he gets the MVP.

Draft saved Draft deleted