1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ESPN: Dirk is NBA MVP

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by CentralIllinoisan, May 10, 2007.

1. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Ok, um, they had one bad shooting night.
    And if you're disagreeing with the fact that Tony Parker owns Steve Nash, then you're out of your mind.

2. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Why shouldn't Dirk be the MVP? Seriously?

Look at his stats this year. Look at the record. Look at what the Mavs wouldn't be if the wasn't there.

Fuck what happened in the playoffs. Yes they got beat, but c'mon.

And, Rok, please continue with the petty cheap shots. You're just proving what an asshole you truly are.

3. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Dirk: 24.6 PPG, 8.9 RPG, 3.4 APG
    -------------------------------------
    James: 27.3 PPG, 6.7 RPG, 6.0 APG
    Arenas: 28.4 PPG, 4.6 RPG, 6.0 APG
    Wade: 27.4 PPG, 4.7 RPG, 7.5 APG

How my ballot would look: James, Arenas, Wade

The only argument you can make for Dirk is the "best player on the best team" argument. No, the Mavs wouldn't be a 67-win team without him, but I'm not sure they'd be as bad as people seem to think.

Without James, Cleveland (IMO) is a wasteland. Without Zero, Washington WAS a wasteland. And without a healthy Wade, Miami got swept by a team about to be swept. All three, IMO, had more impressive stats than Dirk, as well.

4. Chuck~Taylor

I love DWade, but I don't think you can make a case for himt this year. In the beginning of the season when Heat were without Shaq, DWade and Heat really really struggled. When DWade went down and Shaq came back, they actually started playing better than they did with DWade. Does that mean DWade is useless? Hell no. But he's not the MVP his own team. That title goes to Shaquille O'Neal.
    Gilbert had a great 1st half, but he didn't do too well in the second half. Plus he was injured for a while, so I don't think you can put him in the top 3 let alone number 2.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Thank you, Oz.

6. Sportsbruh

Sportsbruh Member

THIS IS THE BIGGEST JOKE OF THE NBA!

At least the NFL gets it right consistently.

7. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

I'm with you on Wade, and I nearly didn't put him there. Thing is, though, it's a down year for great performances from great players, IMO.

Arenas, though ... that team straight went to shit when he got hurt. Now, granted, he wasn't the only guy that got injured. But he sure looked valuable as the Wizards damn near went 0-for-their last however many they played without him.

And LeBron will soon be getting the "won't win the MVP even though he should every year" treatment.

8. Chuck~Taylor

::)
    Parker has owned Nash his whole career. Anyone who watches basketball knows that.

9. Stop speaking for me.

10. Chuck~Taylor

This is hilarious to me. I'm laughing real hard right now.
    You guys are so caught up on this Nash thing, that now you're starting to deny straight up facts :D ;D
    Stop being in denial people. He's a terrible defender. Terrible.

11. I didn't disagree with you. I just said stop speaking for me.

12. Chuck~Taylor

But I wasn't [joking] :D

Draft saved Draft deleted