1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ESPN: Dirk is NBA MVP

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by CentralIllinoisan, May 10, 2007.

1. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I believe this is the first time in 25 years the MVP hasn't made it to the 2nd round.

2. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Shaq=buffoon who's already on vacation

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Then tell me, who's your MVP? And don't say Kobe if you're going to bash Dirk for a first-round flameout.

4. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

But the postseason matters not when picking a REGULAR SEASON MVP.

5. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Hell I could make an argument for LeBron over Dirk(and Nash) as well.
    There's no question that LeBron is more valuable to the Cavs. No question. I'm pretty sure Rok would agree with me on this as well.
    Hell without LeBron, Cleveland would be a ghost town.

Again, you can't be an MVP if the other team is told by their coach to go after you. You just can't. Really think about it. Sit back, pop open a cold one and really think about it.

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

You can if you're Steve Nash, who along with LeBron would be 1-2 on my ballot. Not sure the order, though.

7. Chuck~Taylor

Why? Why if you're Steve Nash?
    Come on Oz. It's so obvious. Is that what an MVP really is? This whole Dirk vs. Nash thing is such a joke. Both aren't even one of the top 5 players in the game. You got Dirk "I'm moving out to the 3 point line because its' getting tough in that paint/Why are they double teaming me?" Nowitzki and Steve "I'm gonna throw up in the air and let Amare and Marion and just watch the show/It's just a coincidence that my career sky rocketed when I turned 30" Nash.

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Suns lost Game 1 against the Spurs when Nash couldn't play. Suns won Game 2 against the Spurs when Nash was in control of the game. It's been like that all season, too. Take him way from the Suns and they're hardly the same team.

Besides, I think it's funny that Canada owns the current MVP in MLB (Morneau), the NBA (Nash) and the NHL (Joe Thornton).

9. Chuck~Taylor

I'm gonna guess you didn't watch game 1. 1st of all, Nash wasn't in the game for 45 seconds. In those 45 seconds, Amare Stoudemire got 2 fantastic passes from Barbosa. Steve Nash type of passes. In both shots, Amare was right next to basket with little defenes around him. Some how, he ended up missing both. Nash would've made those same exact passes. So no, I don't wanna hear the "they missed Nash, so they lost" argument. Hell, they were probably better off without him defensively because Tony Parker was burning him(again) for 32 points.

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Why you gotta dis the white guy?

;)

11. Chuck~Taylor

:D
    Don't get me wrong. Nash is fun to watch. I love watching him play. But the way people have been treating him the past couple of years has baffled me.

12. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Then in Game 2, Parker scored only 13 points and had more turnovers (four) than assists (three). So much for Parker burning Nash again.

Draft saved Draft deleted