1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ESPN crashing Apple browsers?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jim Tom Pinch, Mar 9, 2008.

1. Duane Postum

Duane Postum Member

Same here, but all is fine today. I never Forced Quit so much in all my born days. WTF?

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

It's well worth it.
    I wish it went to leet at 13,337 as well or 11,337, whichever it would be.

3. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

I'm getting close. How exciting.

4. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Oh, it is.
    It is something to live for.

5. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

I didn't have these problems. I haven't had any problems, in fact, with Safari 3.0.4.

Hm. Damned if I know.

6. pressmurphy

pressmurphy Member

It's apparently related to something they were doing with Flash. A lot of MSIE/Windows users experienced similar problems late last year.

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

It happens with some sites. One site I check regularly crashes my Firefox after about 2 or 3 page clicks. But in Safari, it works fine. No explanation.

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I had the same problem Saturday night. Also had some issues with SI.com. Both sites gave me the hypno-ball of fate (we have to keep coming up with new names for this thing, right?) when I was trying to check on NBA, NHL and college scores. I figured my computer might be running low on memory, so I eventually restarted and everything was fine after that.

9. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Don't know about espn.com but I know that google maps makes my safari quit.
    I don't know why, it used to work fine, and all of a sudden it crashes everytime it tries to load.

10. Msaint

Msaint Member

ditto. google maps was crashing my safari time and again yesterday. at some point, it filtered into my thick skull that i should stop trying to use google maps.

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I've recently experienced problems with youtube locking up on Safari. Anybody else had that happen?

Oh, and fuck ESPN.

Draft saved Draft deleted