1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ESPN crashing Apple browsers?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jim Tom Pinch, Mar 9, 2008.

1. Jim Tom Pinch

Jim Tom Pinch Active Member

Myself and two other Mac users at a game I was covering last night had our browers Firefox and safari crashed by trying to open ESPN.com multiple times.

Anybody know anything about this? I'm hoping for one maybe two on point responses mixed in with the slams on the world wide leader.

2. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Not sure about Firefox, but I've run into many issues with Safari 3.0.4. I predict your Apple Updater will be passing along Safari 3.0.5 very, very soon.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Why is your post total leet?

4. Jim Tom Pinch

Jim Tom Pinch Active Member

I don't know. That's weird.

5. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

It's an Easter Egg. When you have 1,337 posts it shows up as leet. There was one late, great departed poster who kept deleting posts so he stayed on leet for a coupla weeks.

6. Msaint

Msaint Member

On Safari, mine didn't crash yesterday but every time I tried to get on espn.com, I did get the interminable spinning beach ball of death, had to repeatedly force quit. Seems fine today, though.

7. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

I use Firefox and was on multiple times yesterday. No problems here.

8. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

The nerd in me can't wait to get to post No. 1,337.

9. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

I had some issues yesterday on my Mac, on Safari and Firefox. I checked for updates (was fine there), and restarted. No isues since.

10. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

I've been using Safari 3.0.4 for a few weeks, and haven't had any problems.

Adium X 1.2.3, however...

11. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

I had issues with eBay today.

12. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Yesterday I had issues with Safari. Would get the pinwheel of doom every time I tried to load ESPN.com. A couple of times I got it on this site too.
    My editor was having the same problem, though I don't know what sites he was trying to get to.

Draft saved Draft deleted