1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ESPN Cancels Barstool Show

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Elliotte Friedman, Oct 23, 2017.

1. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Plunkett was twice the QB

2. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Come on, you have to admit the idea of Portnoy/PFC going into Super Bowl events with fake credentials and moustaches is hilarious.

CD Boogie likes this.
  3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

4. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Portnoy got thrown out of the game, too. It is pretty funny how crazy Barstool drives the league.

Kaepernick should be a more serious threat to their popularity, but they care more about this loopiness

5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

As if those insufferable pricks couldn't be more insufferable.....

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
  7. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

8. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Saw this last night, and it served as a good daily reminder that the site is run by fuckwads.

Inky_Wretch and John B. Foster like this.
  9. Inky_Wretch

I know, I know ... it's Deadspin and Drew, but ...

In a perfect world, this kind of aggro shit would get Barstool kicked off of Twitter and would clue other media outlets in, at long last, to the fact that the company is shit and that Barstool’s content—from their sub-Tucker Max postings to their raft of podcasts that exist to supplant Beefer & The Squelch as the go-to sports talk barf-fest for meatheads all around the nation—is the chlamydia of the internet.

https://deadspin.com/stop-enabling-barstools-shit-1833092349

10. Inky_Wretch

And that Deadspin reminded me, I discovered a couple of weeks ago most of the big high schools around here have Barstool Twitter accounts. Probably just kids copying what they see from the colleges, but it's damn icky.

11. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Deadspin is the wrong messenger and always will be. They're the place that employed Daulerio and Greg Howard, Magary's former boss and colleague. I'm no saint, but I'd have to bathe with a soul brush every morning if AJ Daulerio had been my boss.

And Drew, JFC, he was a founder of Kissing Suzy Kolber -- a blog whose very title is predicated on the joke of unwanted male attention.

Deadspin has definitely shifted its tenor in recent years, but they were still fertilized in crap. Don't get me wrong, I like Magary and I think he's funny. I also think a lot of what Barstool does is funny. Deadspin flinging shit at them is too rich by half.

Draft saved Draft deleted