1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ESPN Body Issue 10.30.10: Diana Taurasi

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Deeper_Background, Oct 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

[​IMG]

This is 28-year-old Phoenix Mercury guard Diana Taurasi. The WNBA star won a bunch of NCAA championships when she was at UCONN, played in the Olympics in Athens and Beijing, and has a really awesome head of hair. It's a nice pose, and at least she — unlike some of the others — didn't have to hold sporting equipment while naked

Read more: http://jezebel.com/5655291/female-athletes-get-naked-for-espn-magazines-body-issue/gallery/#ixzz11e0tbbRw

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

For all the exploitative or honest-but-shocking things ESPN could have done with this, I like the amicable middle they found.

Sure, The Mag could have really pushed the bounds with a female weightlifter or discus thrower, but Taurasi has never been widely thought of as beautiful like Serena Williams or Jenny Finch, and the same goes for water polo players.

And even though they found a sparklingly blonde, well-featured disabled person, they still used a disabled person. My biggest quip: whatever they Photoshopped over her nipple doesn't look like it should be there. What is that?

3. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

ESPN Mag Body Issue: where homely chicks prove they can be sorta/weirdly kinda hot.

4. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

That's no Photoshop. That's the shock absorber on her tennis racket.

5. Scouter

Scouter Member

I think it's actually part of the racket. Not sure what it's called or what it's for, but it's a little plastic thingy.

6. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

7. ucacm

ucacm Active Member

I can't believe Amare agreed to the photo in this issue.

8. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

anyone hear about the Mag being in trouble?

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

10. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Well, if any of you ever wanted to see Patrick Willis' pubes, today's your lucky day.

11. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Are you guys looking at a different picture than I am? The only one I can see is the one where she's covering her boobs with her arms.

More to the point...are there more of these pictures out there?

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Those rumors have been around for a couple years now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.