1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ESPN auctioning off "base" guitar signed by Gammons/Geddy, for V Foundation.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Msaint, Mar 30, 2007.

1. Msaint

Msaint Member

Apologies to moddy if this is the wrong forum, but...I mentioned a little while back that I worked on that ESPN fantasy baseball commercial with Geddy Lee, Gammons, et al. Well, ESPN is auctioning off the "base" (home plate, actually) guitar used in the commercial, signed by the Hall of Famer and the rock legend. Proceeds benefit the V Foundation. More here...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170096084522?campaign=fb07&source=ext_myspace_auction

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

your base belong to me.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Is the John Kruk character riffing on Jack Black, Meat Loaf or both in that commercial?

4. Msaint

Msaint Member

it's funny, kruk was the one we were most worried about pulling off the performance. after all, he's a country boy from west virginina and literally didn't know ANY rock bands -- only country. had never heard of the who's "tommy" which is what we mentioned as reference so he'd get the vibe. but once the cameras were on, he totally got into it. was a real pro. and while the meatloaf/jack black comparisons are valid, we weren't gunning for that. he just happened to look a LOT like meat in his leather/faux tattoo shirt. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted