1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ESPN announces new 60Minutes/Real Sports type show

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, May 17, 2007.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

http://publications.mediapost.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=Articles.showArticleHomePage&art_aid=60410

2. Dignan

Dignan Guest

I can only hope they keep Jeremy Schaap off this show.

"This is Jeremy Schaap, ES ...

... PN."

3. Chef

Chef Active Member

I would rather watch Skip Bayless fuck Patrick McEnroe than watch this garbage.

4. Rufino

Rufino Active Member

Huh? Was this supposed to be in blue? If not, why's it garbage? Seems like people are always eager to shred ESPN here for being frivolous and loading up "news" shows with non-stop opinion crap. This project sounds a lot closer to Outside the Lines, one of the few ESPN products most here consistently respect.

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Three posts and no one's commented on Bill Simmons being this show's Andy Rooney? Never thought I would see the day.

6. Dignan

Dignan Guest

Wonder if he'll borrow Adam Corrolla's eyebrows for the segment.

7. Chef

Chef Active Member

If it's going to be Outside the Lines, redux, then have an intelligent person hosting it......not Bill fucking Simmons.

If it's going to be 60 minutes of continuous sucking up to featured guests, then have the dumbest deuschbag there doing it........and that would be Bill fucking Simmons.

8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Who are all the new hires going to be?

9. Rufino

Rufino Active Member

It doesn't say Simmons would host, it suggests he might have an Andy Rooneyesque "commentator" role at the end. Quite a difference.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

11. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Nichols, Adelson, Le Batard?

12. Chef

Chef Active Member

"In this commentary, the Boston Celtics won the draft lottery and will more than likely pick Greg Oden"

next week

"In this commentary, I know I talked about the Celtics last week, and the Red Sox the week before, and the Patriots the week before that, so let's talk about something else near and dear to the hearts of everyone.......the Boston Bruins.....ya see........."

Draft saved Draft deleted