1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ESPN and the NFL, sitting in a tree

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Moland Spring, Apr 11, 2007.

1. Moland Spring

Moland Spring Member

When the heck did ESPN start doing a two-hour special on the freaking release of the NFL schedule? Why would the network proclaim it a "new holiday," as the commercial I saw just did?
    Is ESPN having an affair with the NFL?

2. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

What, in fact, does the E in ESPN stand for?

Entertainment. There you go.

3. MonitorLizard

MonitorLizard Member

I'm bored, but not so bored that I'd be entertained by two hours of looking at the NFL schedule.

4. Two hours on the release of the NFL schedule is supposed to be entertaining?

5. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

That was more in reference to the ads promoting a "new holiday."

It just occured to me that, as a result of this being made a primetime TV show, the AP won't be releasing the sked until this evening. Typically, that's something you;d have in hand in the middle of the afternoon. From a desk standpoint, it sucks.

6. chazp

chazp Active Member

I need two hours. I've been going through withdrawals since the Super Bowl ended.

7. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

I'm more interested in my work schedule than the NFL schedule.

8. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

It's been a long-term, mutually rewarding, financial windfall of an affair that will not end any time soon.

9. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

ESPN is up the NBA's ass, so I guess you could say the NFL is an affair. Come on, guys... two hours for a release of the frickin' schedule? It's April.

Now the way it looks across most of the upper Midwest, you'd think it were January.

10. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Are you serious? What a joke? I hadn't heard about this.

Sounds like more penance for "Playmakers."

11. Sportsbruh

Sportsbruh Member

ESPN is a Fool!

The NFL gave NBC the better games. LOL.

Besides, I don't believe anything from ESPN, they have ONE SIDED views whereas the NFLNetwork tries to give two sides to developing stories.

12. I won't go into the two-hour show aspect, but ESPN Senior VP/Executive Editor John Walsh has always placed emphasis on the NFL sked release.

Draft saved Draft deleted