1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Escaped convict on Facebook

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Double J, Dec 29, 2009.

1. Double J

Double J Active Member

This is a fascinating story. Instead of laying low after escaping from prison three months ago, this clown is relishing taunting the authorities via the interwebs.

He says on his profile that the cops "couldn't catch themselves a cold," a claim which would appear to have some validity since they can't trace from where he's starting up and updating his various FB pages. He's also doing phone interviews with the media.

Ladies, you'll be interested to know that he's looking for dating and a relationship. He also supports prison sentences for those who abuse animals. Awwww, he has a sensitive side! Better snap him up quick!! :D

http://www.thestar.com/news/world/article/743642--escaped-con-taunts-police-on-facebook

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Why do people "support" criminals like this guy or the kid in the Pacific Northwest who is on the run? Some misguided Robin Hood fetish?

3. fishhack2009

fishhack2009 Active Member

Sounds like a real catch ...

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

IJAG just friended him. :D :D :D :D :D

5. Double J

Double J Active Member

My ex-wife probably already has the inside track. ;D

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Craig Lynch just buried two bodies in Farmville.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

Fantastic.

8. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

Over here, managing to stay ahead of the Suffolk police is like winning the NIT. Aside from the Serious Organised Crime Agency (which, theoretically, tackles big criminal conspiracies) there's no nationwide law enforcement agency. No federal marshals, FBI or equivalent of the state police.

So yeah, why don't you buy a ticket to the states and try that stuff out in the big leagues, tough guy?

9. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

I'm not sure if it's support or just fascination, a la DB Cooper.

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I was able to fight the urge last night because I was at work all night, hit the gym and went straight to bed. Today is a whole new challenge!

11. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

wonder if he's any good at mafia wars

12. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

God, I'd definitely add him then. I need more mafia members!

Draft saved Draft deleted