1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

error messages on Internet Explorer

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Smallpotatoes, Dec 30, 2007.

1. markvid

markvid Guest

I wish Safari would go PC.

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

It has. Very stable and fast, but none of the Mac OS plug-ins work on the Windows side. If somebody would port Pith Helmet to Windows, I'd switch in a heartbeat.

3. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Oh, how i hated Safari for the one month I had a Mac that functioned (FUCK YOU MAC!).

4. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

These problems (not this specific one, but many problems that make internet access difficult or impossible) always seem to happen in late December or January.
    I wonder if there's any reason for that.

5. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Late to the thread, but I echo what others have said about Firefox. I never use IE or Netscape and love the Firefox Ad-blocker which keeps me from seeing any ads.

6. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I've often gotten the "Internet Explorer has encountered a problem ... " message but never had trouble getting the browser to open anew -- until today.

I kept rebooting and clicking on that fucked-up e on the desktop, only to have nothing happen. Finally got talked through it all by the company helpdesk. Had something to do with IE taking over the computer on its own, or so the helpdesk guys said. Had to go into recesses of my computer I'd never been into to get it back under control.

7. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

I think it's all due to global warming.

8. Second Thoughts

Second Thoughts Active Member

You're not alone.

My IE went out about three weeks ago and haven't been able to get it back. Have AOL (which is now free) and get on Internet that way.

The only real problem that's a pain is I lost access to my home email on that computer. I can access it on another computer away from the home but that's not real convenient obviously. And my provider can't seem to grasp why I can't do that (clods). But I'm sure losing IE caused some glitch in the computer.

Draft saved Draft deleted