1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ernie Harwell: Save Tiger Stadium!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by PhilaYank36, Aug 22, 2007.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The Bobby Layne movie really needs to get made. Matthew McConaghey is an utter lock to play Layne (kinda goofy-dopey-sounding blonde Texas party animal). I'm thinking Chris Cooper as coach Buddy Parker (at Layne's shoulder).

Rock and roll, 50s Thunderbirds, boozing, broads and brawling -- what more do you want?

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. KP

KP Active Member

Sure, the seats from Canvas Alley to where the seats jut out down the third base line are good, but you wouldn't catch me anywhere from Sec. 3-7. The Monster Seats are still the most overrated seats in sports. Every other city they are called upper deck.

3. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

They are overrated, but at least the ballpark does not have an overriding urine stench anymore.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

No, because the St. Mikes Majors are owned by Eugene Melnyk who owns the Senators. No way those douchebags at MLSE would ever do something like that.

The team has since moved to Mississauga, just outside of Toronto.

5. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

And then they renovated another arena for the AHL team, which I didn't understand.

Draft saved Draft deleted