1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Erin's 911 call

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Jul 29, 2009.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

But I believe the problem is that some people feel Andrews didn't need to call 911, that it was an unnecessary call. SC's response, I thought, addressed that, not whether or not it was news.

I mean, you're right. It was/is a story. Just not sure that's the point she was making.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Oh, the story was dead. If a legit media outlet sent reporters to sit at her house to wait for a comment, I would not consider them very legit after this assignment.

3. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Who are you, Boots in training?

4. JackReacher

Paging IJAG.....

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I listen to her because I respect her.

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Since the police told her to call 911 every time it happens I would assume she will.

7. JackReacher

I'm sure she's pleased to know that. And apparently, you don't listen to her.

So not only are you a donk; you're a liar.

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

When the hell did THAT happen?

And I actually agreed with 93D's last post. It was the ones before the one quoted. :D

9. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Out of respect and courtesy to Erin, who deserves better than all of this crap, I think we should just stop discussing it, altogether, and do our part to let the story die. This will be my last comment on the matter.

10. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

For those who are saying that she called 911 after these guys repeatedly knocked on her door and wouldn't go away when asked, could you point me toward a link that says that? Seriously. Maybe I missed it, because I don't think that's the case. It seems that people are trying to portray this as a much more threatening situation than it was.

It appears to me that she saw them sitting in a car in broad daylight and correctly assumed them to be tabloid guys, not stalkers who intended any bodily harm. Then she called 911. They did come to the door at some point, but that wasn't what caused Andrews to call the cops, because she was already on the phone with them by then. Her reference to Britney Spears was an apt one, because she was going through the shit that celebrities go through with the paparazzi every day. These guys didn't pose any danger to her, they were just a nuisance. You don't call 911 to get rid of a nuisance.

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Unless, of course, that's what the police have told her to do. Which they apparently did.

How you know she was sure they weren't a threat?

12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

The part you've missed is where the cops had informed her to call 911. So if the cops don't have a problem with it, why do you?

Draft saved Draft deleted