1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Erin Andrews violated

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by NoOneLikesUs, Jul 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Someone saw her naked before Tebow?

2. lono

lono Active Member

While I agree with your sentiment in general, the "legally" part of it concerns me not at all.

Give her a piece of razor wire and the genitalia of the asshat that did this. Then look away.

3. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

First you go after the web site which initially posted the video. Hopefully they roll over on the people who took it.

4. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Not that you necessarily said it, but we can't just assume it was a guy.

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I have no knowledge, but when I saw the site it was on -- which has a lot of amateur videos like that, I had the idea that she could have been filmed by someone doing a lot of peephole filming, who had no idea who she was. And then after the person brought the video back, someone may have recognized her. But I don't know if that is true. Just some wild speculation.

Note: single letter edit of an unfortunate typo

6. MartinEnigmatica

MartinEnigmatica Active Member

There's also the possibility that someone saw her go into the room without having prior knowledge of her whereabouts, or stalked her to figure out the room number. But yeah, however it was done, it's beyond revolting and worthy of a heavy-handed legal smackdown.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

It seems there's a whole fetish world of sites devoted to voyeur photos taken in public up women's skirts and down their shirts. Seems like an odd fetish to me, peeking up skirts while a girl rides an escalator.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Here's a question - if it was Maria Sharapova or Jenny Finch, does ESPN report it?

9. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Why would they not?

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Of course it would.

11. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

That was my reaction ... I don't get this question at all.

12. 21

21 Well-Known Member

ps, i defer to slappy's grammatical 'it' over my 'they.'

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.