1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Erin Andrews to appear on Dancing With the Stars

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DisembodiedOwlHead, Mar 1, 2010.

1. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

How old is Buzz Aldrin?

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I think they said 80.

3. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

The fact you guys don't recognize Stacy Keibler is for two reasons:

1. The former WWE diva wasn't very successful parlaying Dancing with the stars into anything lasting.
    2. Nine out of 10 google images that would have shown her in her old job . . .were quite unsafe for work.

(Have fun looking her up now, guys)

4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Sure, Lysacek will have an advantage. But so did Mya, whose WHOLE JOB was singing and dancing. An amazing dancer. She didn't win.

They do give credit for those who improve, and those who don't have the background. Sure, they have to get fluid, but don't assume that just because he can move his body on ice it means he can master dancing with a partner well enough to win.

6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Andrews can do whatever she wants to do. I personally think it's time for the E! Channel for Andrews - she'd fit the role well - but I imagine ESPN is willing to pay her whatever.

I can't shake this feeling, though, that she didn't get this gig solely because of her work on ESPN. The stalker story makes her an object of scandal, to some extent - more of a household name.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Buzz and Kate plus Ochocinco - agree that I knew who most of the people were. With Sam Harris leaving - I wonder if they're going to name a permanent replacement or give it to Andrews after this season.

I really doubt she'll be on college sidelines this fall.

Would have been great if ABC could have nabbed Plushenko as well. And I'd cut Lysacek some slack, they had Yamaguchi and Shaun Johnson on - so apparently working with choreographers isn't a disqualifier.

8. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

This, and the Cheryl Burke factor. That is, a professional dancer carrying someone (like Emmitt Smith) to the title.

9. imjustagirl

I thought Melissa Rycroft got the gig.

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I didn't think Keibler has ever done nudity. Would love to be wrong.

11. imjustagirl

Also a very big factor. Most often a man celebrity will win, because the women's parts are so much more detailed that they can shine with a professional female partner.

Four of the first five winners were men. Then three straight females won before Donny Osmond won last year.

I'm sad Lacey Schwimmer won't be back. She was some good young blood who took chances with her choreography. Her dance with Lance Bass to Rihanna's song was my favorite ever on that show.

YouTube appears to be down, but I'll post it later. :D

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I heard it was only a temporary thing, maybe I'm wrong. Maybe they'll give Andrews a job with Good Morning America or fill-in View host. Hasselback really doesn't qualify as "the young one" anymore.

Draft saved Draft deleted