1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Erin Andrews suing hotels

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Drip, Jul 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drip

Drip Active Member

Good for her.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/sports/2012368613_apusespnandrewsvideo.html

2. ucacm

ucacm Active Member

I don't know which direction to go on this. It seems like the taping incident has been a boon to Andrews' career. She's gained massive public support. The tapes weren't *that* explicit.

On the other hand, there was a clear invasion of privacy, I can't truly know how she feels about the incident, and, if possible, the hotels should do more to prevent this type of stuff from happening. At this point, it seems like she's got the celebrity and notoriety to work directly with the hospitality industry to improve standards. If that were truly her goal, I think the hotel corporations would be lining up to get the free publicity that would come from working with her. $1.2 million? Not going to change a thing as far as the way hotels operate.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

It's pretty stupid to give out the room number of a guest to any old perv who calls.

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Yeah, they usually don't give it out.

Oops

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Hey, you're not just any old perv

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I doubt Andrews is really looking for a big payday - but the dollar figure will help get her message to the people on the upper floors quicker.
    This isn't just an Erin Andrews thing. I've got to think every hotel chain is taking a second look at its procedures on this. Has it ever been disclosed how the guy obtained her room number or hotel reservations?

7. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

You're not serious, are you?

8. ucacm

ucacm Active Member

9. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

I believe the authorities had mentioned the stalker got her schedule from a asst. staffer at the worldwide leader. But the hotels will probably want to settle anyway just to avoid the bad publicity!

10. Second Thoughts

Second Thoughts Active Member

"Hello? Room service? Could someone send me up 3 or 4 blank VHS tapes? I'd appreciate it if you'd hurry."

11. Drip

Drip Active Member

I wonder if Marion Barry can sue?

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I'd sue whoever would release video of Marion Barry nude.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.