1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Erin Andrews named Sexiest Sportscaster by Playboy

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by sportsnut, Dec 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Hey, Ms. Andrews IS a journalist.

2. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Ashley Russell, from Rivals.com is a new find for me.
    She seems to be damn fine, and seems to know what she's talking about.
    Anyone worked with or know of this woman?
    Really a beauty.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Thanks for checking in, Ashley.

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

5. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Um, yeah. It's moving to Anything Goes, where it can be discussed along with other certain photo-driven threads.

6. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

I would put Erin and Ashley in different categories. This thread title, "Sexiest Sportscaster ...." doesn't fit Erin.
    I think she is spectacularly beautiful, the kind of woman you want to hang with, then marry and live happily ever after. But I don't think of her as sexy.
    Ashley is sexy personified, the kind of woman you want to go clubbing with and show off to your friends who know she is out of your league.
    Then there is Rachel Nichols ... very scary looking to me. Not attractive at all. I don't know where she is from or her background, but she is the typical eastern girl -- most of them have one major flaw. They might have a good bod and great hair, but fucked up teeth because most of them smoke. Or they have a great smile, but a huge nose or a mole on their chin. Or good bod, nice smile, but ridiculous hair.

7. Chef

Chef Active Member

[​IMG]

"Whores!"

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

[​IMG]

"Yet one more reason why I'm better than all of you."

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I guess I understand that your looks are probably fair game if you're a sideline reporter, and probably part of the reason you got your job, but why are we cool with having this endless debate every three months?

It's one thing to debate and joke about the fake beach balls stapled to the chest of Tim Tebow's anonymous girlfriend, but now we have people calling Rachel Nichols ugly and saying Erin Andrews' teeth are too big, etc. Weak shit.

Let me just say that Rachel could fucking write circles around 95 percent of us (check the Washington Post archive if you don't believe me), and Erin, if you've seen her at a college game, works harder and hustles more than 90 percent of us. They're good people, from my experience. And snarking about their looks (or oogling their asses over and over, but especially snarking about their looks) is lame.

I've said this before 100 times here, and I'm sure it's a big fat wet blanket that makes sweaty press box hounds everywhere groan and roll their eyes, but there is a difference between ripping on celebrities for the cracks in the facade of their perfection and doing it to people in our business. I wish some people could realize how pathetic it makes all of us, not just those making the comments, look.

10. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Great post to end this one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.