1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Erin Andrews files $10 million lawsuit

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by NickMordo, Dec 7, 2011.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

2. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Wait a minute ... didn't TBL originally share the Andrews video before a change of heart, quickly taking it down and pretending it never linked it?

3. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Really awful thread title. How about the mods change it?

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Has noted Nashville attorney/sports blogger Clay Travis written about this trial? I mean, it's happening in his backyard, involves a high-profile college football personality and they both work for Fox now.

5. YankeeFan

Maybe BYM can suggest a new title.

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Whatever you think of her professionally or personally, I feel terrible about what she's been through. This is no consensual sex video that got into the public; some perv stalked her, took nudes of her and plastered it all over. And, because there is a 1st Amendment privilege to publish stolen material, with no consequences to the receiver of stolen property, she was victimized 10's if not 100's of millions of times.

She has nothing to be ashamed and embarrassed about. And 99% of her co-workers and professional peers would not only be horrified if their pictures were put out there, but would really have something to embarrassed about.

HanSenSE, exmediahack and Inky_Wretch like this.
  7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Next he'll sell you a $10,000 espresso machine, I guess.

8. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Look man, how was I supposed to know Rolex doesn't make coffee machines...

Ace likes this.
  9. YankeeFan

$15,000 gets the conversation started.

exmediahack and Ace like this.
  10. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

C'mon gang, show just a smidge of class and restraint. It really isn't that hard.

11. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

From what I've read on the twitter, Marriott officials argued today that Andrews benefitted financially by the video going viral. That's incredibly dumb.

12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Isn't that what the defense is supposed to do in this case? She is claiming wage loss, they are arguing she benefited financially. It's sleazy as all hell but I don't think you can label it dumb.

Draft saved Draft deleted