1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Erin Andrews files $10 million lawsuit

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by NickMordo, Dec 7, 2011.

1. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

I got tired of her presence at games and basically the role of sideline reporters in general. But man, if she hasn't had a whirlwind to deal with personally in the last few years, from the peephole video to the boyfriend muling coke into a vegas pool party and now this. Glad she beat it back for now. Hope it stays down

2. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

A very, very strong woman. Prayers to her, although it appears it did not spread.

3. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Bielema may have had to answer an uncomfortable question or two last night at home about this...

4. exmediahack

Her job at FOX has elements of "if you don't show up, you are easily replaced".

I imagine she showed up out of fear to keep the gig.

If she was out, FOX would have just moved in Charissa Thompson to work with Joe and Troy and ask the two questions at halftime.

Once the execs saw that Thompson was more attractive, Andrews would be at risk of asking her two questions at halftime of Louisiana Tech-Rice on FOX Sports Shreveport and not Packers-Falcons.

5. CD Boogie

and that's why a lot of people don't respect what they do. You might as well send supermodels out there to ask questions.

6. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Isn't that what they're doing already?

7. exmediahack

ESPN tried her on the anchor desk for GameDay in the first hour and it just didn't work. She isn't a smooth ad-libber. Just not a good anchor.

She's like an NFL quarterback. She must absolutely maximize these years because, after 40, they'll always go younger and hotter. Pam Oliver and Suzy Kolber are the exceptions but Pam has the contacts and Suzy can actually anchor.

Erin can ask her two questions.

8. CD Boogie

I always thought Erin's appeal was that she wasn't completely unapproachable. Hot, yes, very cool. But not like Emily Ratakowski or someone so damn attractive it's distracting

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

First person I thought of after reading this was Jill Arrington, who was the it girl before Andrews, so I hit the Wikipedia to see where she wound up. Sportscaster at KCBS. Not a bad landing spot at all.

Draft saved Draft deleted