1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Erin Andrews death threats

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ifilus, Apr 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, usually Patrick's frat boy colleagues handle threats. You don't get to DP unless you've got the real goods.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

They turned them over once they began getting violent. Before that, it was just some dude sending masturbation fantasies. If national shows should turn those over immediately then Howard Stern would have an FBI agent on set at all times.

3. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

According to the story, they waited until April 2 to turn over the e-mails.

March 14, 2010 -- "I would love to get close enough to her to show her my suicide vest."

March 26, 2010 -- "I hope she gets shot in the face. I would love to see if she can dance away from a hail of gunfire. That would really make my day."

March 29, 2010 -- "Dear Dan: I hope Erin Andrews gets murdered in L.A."

http://www.tmz.com/#ixzz0k6BY3Y9P

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

If the guy had given height and weight, Dan would have gone "ding!"

5. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Has making death threats become socially acceptable now? It seems like I hear about a lot of people (Andrews, Craig James, members of Congress, etc.) receiving them for some reason in recent months.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Hell, every governor in the country was ordered to resign or "be removed" by some anti-government group. The FBI said there wasn't an overt threat of violence so there is nothing they can do.

What is going to be nuts is if something does go down, and the FBI ends up interviewing everyone and anyone who logged on to a message board or exchanged an e-mail with the loon.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Jim Rome and Colin Cowturd couldn't find anyone to read it to them?

read it to them [/rome]

8. Agreed. This is absolutely ridiculous and horrifying.

9. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Agree with the sentiment but Mizzou was posting on this board that he wouldn't be surprised if she leaked the videos to further her career.

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

That's what I thought. I was wrong.

11. Death threats are nothing new.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Unfortunately, that's true. I would bet that a large percentage of people on this board who have worked as a columnist or as a beat writer have received them at some point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.