1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Erin Andrews death threats

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ifilus, Apr 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

(CNN) -- Erin Andrews, the ESPN reporter who was secretly videotaped nude in 2008, has been receiving death threats, her attorney told CNN on Friday.

Several threatening e-mails regarding Andrews have been sent to sportscaster Dan Patrick since last September, according to Marshall B. Grossman, Andrews' attorney.

"Until very recently, [the e-mails] were of a sexual nature, but then turned violent" last month, Grossman said.

He said the e-mails received in March "are specific, they're violent, they identify the location and method of intended murder."

Grossman said the existence of the threats were first revealed to Andrews on Thursday morning. The e-mails were provided to Andrews' representatives by DirecTV, which carries the Dan Patrick Show. Patrick was formerly at ESPN.

The FBI began work on the case on Thursday and believes it has identified the individual responsible for the threatening e-mails, Grossman said.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/04/03/andrews.death.threats/?hpt=T1

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Holy fuck. What is wrong with people?

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

And why the hell would they send the threats to Dan Patrick of all people?

4. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

I think we'd probably be shocked if we knew just how many stalkers pretty much all celebrities have, especially female. Did you see Ivanka Trump's nut that just got charged? He was going to kill himself in her jewelry store and sent pictures of himself covered in blood.

http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2010/04/02/2010-04-02_ivanka_stalk_susp_ill_kill_myself_in_her_jewelry_shop.html

I think it's just luck that there haven't been more Rebeccca Schaeffer-type outcomes, thank god.

5. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

And yet this loon was released on $10,000 bond and gave a thumbs up afterward!

One of the emails Erin received read, "Somebody should shoot her in the face."
    Another read: "I'm one in a million. She'll never see me coming."

It's not stalking, it's terrorism.

6. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

And why the hell would he and his people hide those threats for five months?

Erin Andrews is outraged at DirecTV for not telling her about the sick, twisted, threatening emails until yesterday -- even though the predator had been sending them since last September.

Erin's lawyer, Marshall Grossman, tells TMZ, "We are outraged that these emails did not come to our attention until now."

http://www.tmz.com/2010/04/03/erin-andrews-blindsided-threats-violence-sexual-emails-espn-directv/#ixzz0k11eawQI

7. fishhack2009

fishhack2009 Active Member

Ugh. Hasn't she been through enough?

Hopefully they body-slam this assclown.

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Erin Andrews has some pretty good friends. They found the hotel perv pretty quick and it took the FBI a day to figure out who was sending the death threats.

9. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Gotta wonder...if the stalker gave her a career boost, think what death threats will do.
    I'm sure many celebrities deal with both every day, but don't make them public.

10. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

This is what happens when you watch too much ESPN.

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I think Erin Andrews has earned a lifetime of people leaving her the fuck alone.

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

And we're off. I guess she got what was coming, dressing as a slut and all, right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.