1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Erin Andrews and the Cubs locker room: Discuss

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by hondo, Jul 31, 2008.

1. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Writing this column was more inappropriate than Andrews' actions. As for the dress ... come on, it's hot outside. Men can wear shorts in similar situations, and women don't wear shorts near the knees.

Why don't we have a big debate the next time Tubby Tucker shows up in a polo shirt three sizes too small and covered in mustard?

If someone on this board wants to debate her lockerroom conduct, fine (though it's been nothing but appropriate the several times we've covered the same game). But a column? Really? Reeks of envy.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Not enough hair and f-a-r too tall (HI BRUCE!)

3. What three pages and not one "I'd hit it" reference.

Oh, and this is not one, Mrs. GBTG. I'm simply pointing out the obvious. Somewhere the president of SJ Masturbation Nation weeps.

4. towser

towser New Member

If a male reporter were in a female locker room and he ... oh wait, male reporters aren't allowed in female locker rooms. For all you pathetic feminists (men and women) who dominate this board, try THAT double-standard on for size.

But you won't. It's always women who are being victimized, even when they're completely unprofessional, untalented and unsuited for their job.

5. VJ

VJ Member

Completely agree. Even if her actions WERE inappropriate, why call her out in a public setting? Probably because the columnist would have a hard time looking at her eyes if he tried to approach her in person.

6. Notepad

Notepad Member

Ding, ding ding. We have a winner.
    But everyone on here just seems afraid of the truth.
    She isn't talented, she's hot ... that is why she got the job, and that is why she continues to be employed.

The part that is crazy is that women such as Erin Andrews really feel as if they are talented and are too damn airheaded to realize exactly why they are employed.

Great journalists are getting caught in the budget crunch every day and losing their jobs while skanks like this continue to be employed. Something is wrong.

7. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Dear Moron:

Go fuck yourself.

Best regards.

8. Overrated

Overrated Guest

I've been in WNBA locker rooms several times.

9. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Yes. Yes it is.

10. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Well don't just sit there, macg, DO something. Fix it!

11. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

This one is really teetering. If someone posts something obviously out of line, please don't quote it. It makes cleaning it up next to impossible. This could be a good discussion but I question whether I should leave it open.

12. Notepad

Notepad Member

The dress is fine -- on a Friday night for cocktails with the ladies.
    The dress is not fine to wear as a credentialed member of the media at a MLB game.

In that regard, yes, the dress is skank-like.

Draft saved Draft deleted