1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Erin Andrews and the Cubs locker room: Discuss

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by hondo, Jul 31, 2008.

1. 21

21 Well-Known Member

See Wilbon thread.

2. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

From Mr. Nadel's "follow-up":

My July 31 column criticizing ESPN's Erin Andrews for her inappropriate attire and actions before a baseball game in Milwaukee sparked an avalanche of reaction.

I note with no surprise at all that the one reaction absent from Mr. Nadel's gleeful inventory of his newly minted pageviews is that of Erin Andrews herself.

3. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

The thing that gets me about the readers posts on journalists is that clearly, the readers there aren't seeing the bigger picture.

Deadspin appears to have a decent-sized group of contributors who post to the website, and from reading it, are pretty well-trained journo's.

Yet we who work for papers, magazines and websites that aren't deadspin are the overweight inhabitants of the press box who use lord our access over the average fan.

I wonder how the staff and contributors feel at Deadspin when comments like that get made, since while they are part of a new style of journalism, they are still themselves journalists, who attend events on behalf of their outlet.

4. The Granny

The Granny Guest

To retort, if I may, don't some on this board refer to BLOGgers in a disparaging manner? (I believe the words, "mother's," "basement" and "underwear" are tossed around the most to describe them.)

5. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I think most draw a distinction between Deadspin or Pro Football Talk, some draw a distinction on The Big Lead, and others are fans of sites like Every Day Should Be Saturday, Kissing Suzy Kolber et al.

Me, I love James Mirtle's hockey blog, which is frequently referred to on here, and Soccer By Ives, which is terrific for soccer fans.

But as with most things on here, blogs have always been looked at with a broad stroke encompassing all of them. But I think most here realize there is a definite food chain from the cream of the crop to the bottom of the barrel.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I have a cunning plan...

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. Flash

Flash Guest

You know you're all mouth-breathing asswipes, right?

8. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Hey. Easy. Not ALL of us.
    Though MBA might look better on my buckle than HMFIC.

9. Flash

Flash Guest

HMBAIC?

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Much better

11. Flash

Flash Guest

So has there been a spike in registration from wannabes?

12. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Heavens, I hope we're not getting our panties in a twist over reader comments on Deadspin.

I mean, I resemble some of them. ::)

Draft saved Draft deleted