1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Erin Andrews and the Cubs locker room: Discuss

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by hondo, Jul 31, 2008.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

http://thebiglead.com/?p=6931

If the blogger's observations are true, is it appropriate behavior for any journalist in any locker room to touch the biceps of an athlete in the locker room? Were the reactions of the Cubs players sexist? Should she have dressed down a bit?

I don't know. I would be interested in hearing what other people think.

2. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

Disappointed, if true. From what I've heard, at least for a while, she did her job well and correctly.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

We need a clarification. Did Lou Piniella lose his shit or lose his stuff?

Erin Andrews is a nice person. I wouldn't flit or biceps grab in a locker room, but I'm not going to get my panties in a twist over it.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Here's the story linked to by TBL

http://www.pjstar.com/sports_columnists/x1768857641/Nadel-Blonde-bombshell-cant-distract-red-hot-Cubs

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Couldn't TBL come up with a better picture of Erin?

6. Mizzougrad96

I've seen her openly flirt with a college player right before she went on the air. To be fair, he flirted with her, she flirted back and it seemed innocent enough.

7. Mizzougrad96

[​IMG]

C'mon, this one is priceless... :D

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Two separate issues, right? One is her behavior, the other is her dress.

The latter is pretty much her business, although I can understand why other women journalists get upset.

It's wrong for anyone for a media pass to act like a cheerleader and get giddy congratulating players and playfully touching them.

9. Mizzougrad96

I don't care about what she's wearing. If she's touching players, and it's not to shake their hands, that's not right.

10. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Flit? Flaunt? Saunter? Why is he writing about another reporter in his column in the first place? Do his readers really care about this?

And don't get me started on the redaction TBL chose to post. It's a patchwork of stuff that was scattered through a much longer column.

11. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

This is the same reporter who kissed Steve Slaton on the cheek last year after an interview.

12. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

If this is true, wow.

If you can't be professional in a locker room, you don't belong in one.

Draft saved Draft deleted