1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Eric Allen walks out on Colin Cowherd

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by NDub, Apr 18, 2007.

1. NDub

NDub Guest

Damn. Cowherd made it sound like Allen was mad as hell and just stormed off. Sleazeball.

2. mocheeks10

mocheeks10 Member

Did Cowherd also say something about Olbermann today? I heard Olbermann and Patrick make reference to something he said, but tuned in too late to hear exactly what it was.

Cowherd certainly seems a little desperate for attention these days, doesn't he?

3. I don't know how this board would survive without Boots' relevant observations. All 200 a day.

(Someone teach me how to use the blue font.)

4. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Yeah, he said Olberman was a bad choice for the NBC pregame NFL show because he doesn't speak to Middle America. Said he;s just a northeast liberal intellectual, not a good midwestern salt of the earth-type person.

I wish I can remember what gay-ish things were as Middle America as Olderman. It was prtty stupid.

And then Cowturd said he was Middle America enough that he knew what he was talking about. Asshole.

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Maybe Cowherd called Allen a flaxen haired virgin[/colbert]

6. yeah, Eric is an all-time great dude. comes across very well on TV, too. one of the better analysts out there

7. Colin Cowherd.
    Man of the people.
    Yeeesh.

8. NDub

NDub Guest

Cowherd has kind of gone off the deep end lately...thebiglead.com, Sheff, Allen. What else?

I remember a show last year in which he devoted two hours to the rebuildling of New Orleans. None of it was directly about the Saints, though. Just about New Orleans' "importance" to the U.S. I don't even remember what stance he took on the issue because I was flipping him on-and-off, hoping he'd be done.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Wow... you are amazing

10. Danny Noonan

Danny Noonan Member

Cowdung is a college football legend in his own mind.

11. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

He's certainly the Michael Moore of sports radio.

(Pure unadulterated joshing there.)

Draft saved Draft deleted