1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Eric Allen walks out on Colin Cowherd

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by NDub, Apr 18, 2007.

1. NDub

NDub Guest

I didn't hear their conversation but just hopped in the car and heard Herd say Allen walked out in a rage.

Then Herd went on to say something like, "I guess those Raiders can't take anything" referring to Allen, who I believe played for Oakland.

My first guess was it had something to do with the No. 1 pick this year. But I don't know how someone could get so mad about something so trivial as the Draft and then just walk out.

Who heard this and what the hell happened?

2. scribeinwiscy

scribeinwiscy Member

Fuck. Cowherd. Period.

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Yeah, I'm sure Cowherd was completely professional during the entire segment. He never does anything to provoke anyone.

4. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

I didn't hear it, but it will be on archive on espnradio.com in a few hours. Which hour of the show was it?

5. Dignan

Dignan Guest

Cowherd had Sheffield on yesterday. Sucked him off during the interview, then ripped him behind his back after he had hung up. Class guy, Cowherd.

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Rack Him

Best. Sportstalker. EVER.

7. NDub

NDub Guest

It think it was during the 11a-12p Eastern hour. I heard him talking about it around 12:50 - a half hour ago - and he said "about an hour and a half ago." Then he mentioned it'll only be available on that Insider crap. Can it still be found for free on archive?

And yes I heard the Sheffield thing. He laid into the guy and only took calls for listeners who were going to doing the same. How shameful.

8. shotglass

shotglass Guest

The Allen thing was all completely friendly. They were just playfully pimping each other.

I'm going to go take a shower now that I've defended Cowherd.

9. statrat

statrat Member

Just listened to it on insider. Allen didn't exactly walk off in a rage, he walked off after proving Cowherd knew nothing about the Oakland Raider defense (Cowherd contended that the Raider defense was nowhere near the top 5 in the league, apparently they were ranked third last season). I think his segment was about over, so it was a "walk off" correct point. Cowherd just decided to be an ass about the whole thing, as usual.

10. boots

boots New Member

Eric Allen is one of the nicest guys you'd ever want to meet. He's also very knowledgeable. If he's pissed off at you, there's a good reason.

11. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Just listened and it was definitely in good fun (or the closest Colin comes to that.)

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I saved this, shot. So now you can't even delete your shameful post.

Draft saved Draft deleted