1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"ER" fans... spoiler alert

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Cansportschick, Nov 30, 2007.

1. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

Okay, I watched last night's episode of ER and is it just me or is the show really going down the tubes?....

To see nerdy fifty year old looking Lucien having sex, no strings attached with the new chief (played by Canadian actress Kari Matchett, formerly of Invasion) in her new office was just plain out wrong. I thought Lucien liked Neela or had a Lolita thing for her... :-X

Also, Abby's gone off the wagon. Why is Shane West not on the show? I missed how he left. I miss seeing the character of Ray on the show and Morris too. And then Laura Cardellini sucking up to the new chief was over the top...

At least Stanley Tucci is off the show.

I am wondering what other SJ'ers who are fans of this show think about this season so far.
  2. BYH

BYH Active Member

If you're just coming to this conclusion, then I must conclude that you haven't seen the show in, like, five years.

It's not just down the tubes, it's raw sewage flowing underground. It's almost parodic now.
  3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Active Member

4. Cansportschick

BYH, after the original six left the show, yeah, it did go down the tubes. I thought parts of last season had signs life...so I started tuning in again to see if it would get better, but in my view it didn't.
  5. BYH

BYH Active Member

the show is interesting just because it's basically had three lives...it's been on for 14 seasons and there's literally no link to the beginning.

But oh man that show has been awful most of this decade. It's just melodrama piled on top of melodrama. As Dooley said: The only thing they haven't done is a nuclear attack. That'll probably be the series finale.
  6. Cansportschick

I think they should just cancel it in January with the way the season has gone so far. I can't stomach Lucien getting it on with Lolita like figures anymore....it is not must see tv. :-X
  7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I didn't mind. Nerdy doctors need love, too. My only question: Was that a date or a hook-up?

Abby, however, has a tendency to wear me down and make me change the channel.
  8. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

I know Shane West got hit by a car after getting into a fight with John Stamos over Neela at Luca/Abby's wedding ceremony, at which SW got piss-drunk. He went to a bar and drank some more, then walked out into the street. Lost his legs, IIRC.

I still find it entertaining enough to tune in every Thursday, though I've long passed the point where I thought they'd run the gamut of medical and personal crises to cover.

I've always thought Lucien was pretty creepy. It'll be interesting to see what getting laid does for his persona.

I knew it had been on forever, but when they tossed a trailer touting the 300th episode, I was mildly surprised. Didn't realize it was that many.
  9. Cansportschick

Well, the chief/girl he was getting it on with said to him, "either you are with me or you are not with me". She wants sex with no strings attached. She made it pretty clear with him and she asked if he was freaked out and he said, "I'm fine".

Then the clothes wrestling began....
  10. BYH

BYH Active Member

They may not have a choice if the writer's strike continues.

Regardless, I can't imagine it'll come back next year. The deal runs out this year and that show has got to be a fortune to produce.
  11. Cansportschick

They should really try to entice Noah Wylie, and Eric LaSalle to come back....this could resurrect the show. There is no chance of them getting Edwards, Clooney or Marguilies back. Also, didn't like Stringfield on the show.

I always thought Michael Michelle (Benton's girlfriend on the show) was great. I even liked Gloria Reuben on it.

However, I think ER's days has passed and they should shut it down.
  12. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Haven't seen E.R. this season or most of last season for that matter, but if Jerry's still there behind the desk, he'd be the only original cast member still left.

I'm still waiting for the very special "safe sex" episode of E.R. where the doctors and nurses talk to eachother about condom useage before hooking up.
Draft saved Draft deleted