1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ER 3/12

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Simon_Cowbell, Mar 12, 2009.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Great episode - the Benton/Carter stuff was the stuff I enjoyed the most back in the day, two guy from different backgrounds, Carter finally realizing Benton respected him when he gave him his first "long coat" after he graduated from med school. I began turning off on the show when every week was promoted as "the most _____ ER ever", and it wasn't. Enjoyed tonight how everything was underplayed. The show has had an amazing run and its going out in style. Loved Benton in the ER, he never was a go along to get along guy. Nice job John Wells.

2. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

You, me and Baron seem to be carbon copies regarding how (and when) we watched this show, and how much we valued it those first few handful of years.

BTW, why did they get rid of the great opening theme music (Always LOVED the Benton air punch)?

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I think it has been a few years since they dumped the theme. It let's them run an extra commercial, I believe.

4. the fop

the fop Member

Very good episode. Tied the old and new together nicely. Especially liked the scene where Doug Ross and Neela and Sam throw out names to see whom the other might know at County, and nobody crossed both eras until they settled on Anspach.

IMO, even discounting the well-done reunion stunts, it's been one of the better seasons of the show's stretch run. Also IMO, one reason is the departure of Abby, a character whose complexity I loved in the beginning, but who seemed to have morphed into a mopey, joyless drone.

5. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

I thought somehow - somehow! - Doug would bring up John Carter's name. But looking back on the series, it's as if he almost became an afterthought to Doug and Carol.

Abby, however, was my favorite character on ER. I never got tired of seeing what happened next to her.

6. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

It was a great episode last night.
    But so far nobody's answered the most important question in last night's episode -- do you like reggae music? :D

7. Simon_Cowbell

Also, major props to Clooney, the ultimate superstar who remembers where he came from.

I thought we might see some scene in passing with him.

That was some major time he put in.

Long live Dr. Ross

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Mrs. Wretch said the rumor is Clooney will appear in four episodes.

I guess he might find out about Carter come visit the old stomping grounds to see him.

9. Simon_Cowbell

If that is true, Mrs. Wretch becomes my hero.

10. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

So, is Noah Wylie's arc done? I've enjoyed having Carter back, but it was only supposed to be for a few eps... which I think last night's was third or fourth. I did really enjoy seeing Benton last night, and the opening theme's karate chop was the first thing that came to mind when I saw him. "Soul Glo" came second. :)

But I especially laughed at "You married a sister?"

And, yeah, I got a little weepy at next week's preview, especially at the mentions of Gallant and Pratt... they really need a curtain call appearance by the Croation doc, tho (can't remember his name).

11. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

I knew Benton would say that to Carter as soon as he saw the photo of Kem.

And you mean Luka, Abby's husband.

12. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Yeah, Luka. Couldn't think of his name, could only recall the actor's name is Goran something (whatever happened to him?). Gotta say, too, that I'm thankful that Jerry (Kubiak!) is back from that God-forsaken Anne Heche show. He's always good for some comic relief - like when he fired off the rocket launcher in the ER.

EDIT: 'twas Goran Visnjic, and he hasn't done much since leaving ER. Coupla movies (look like Brit films) due out this year, according to imdb.com.

Draft saved Draft deleted