1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Equal Pay for Equal Work...We are there

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Brooklyn Bridge, Jan 19, 2010.

1. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

A new study finds that marriage is better for the man!

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2010828828_marriage19.html

As a schlub journalist I welcome the chance to stay at home with the kids and play Mr. Mom while my Sugar Momma brings home the bacon.

2. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

The headline on this thread is incorrect: Women still getting, on average, 77 cents on the men's dollar. What the story is saying is that women have caught up so much that they don't necessarily need marriage to survive financially while some men, who are increasingly the ones losing their jobs, do. Also, although the article didn't delve into this, I'm betting the other reason marriage is a good deal for men is they get the added income from their spouse and the security of knowing there will be income if they lose their job or have to take a paycut, but they still don't have to wash the dishes or clean the bathrooms.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Yeah but we still have to mow the yard and take out the trash.

4. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

We don't? Hot dang, my weekends just brightened up.

Draft saved Draft deleted