1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Epic. Fail.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by forever_town, Feb 1, 2009.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Schon--who will pull the plug on Journey when Mick Jones pries it from his cold, dead hands--was well into the process of trying to find the new guy when The Sopranos featured "Don't Stop Believing."

And if this new guy leaves to go back home, Schon will find another new guy. As the GQ article pointed out, Schon realizes the lemmings will pay to see Journey no matter who's singing.

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

As long as Steve Augeri stays in whatever hole he found to hide in, I'm good.

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2006/07/10/journey-vocalist-wont-stop-deceivin/

3. markvid

markvid Guest

It's creepy how his eyes kept rolling to the back of his head.

4. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

I figured this was about the commercials before Arizona's first possession.

5. Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell

Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell Active Member

I thought this was about the Bob Dylan/will.i.am Pepsi ad.

6. Double J

Double J Active Member

The irony, of course, being that without Cain's keyboard parts the band never would have reached the heights that it did in the first place.

Following up with what are probably two stupid questions - BYH, what connection does Mick Jones have with Journey? And do you mean the Mick Jones of Foreigner?

7. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Or the Mick Jones of The Clash?

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Maybe he really meant Davy Jones.

9. Double J

Double J Active Member

Or Mick Dolenz?

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Nah, Ami Dolenz

11. Double J

Double J Active Member

"They exploded on the charts with Cain" = they recorded many of the songs (and the vast majority of the hits) that Journey is best remembered for today, ie. "Don't Stop Believing," "Open Arms," "Who's Crying Now," etc., = they reached previously unattained heights = they are able, sans Steve Perry, to bilk gullible concert-goers today.

Much the same as Foreigner is doing, sans Gramm - and now I see the connection. Thanks! :)

Draft saved Draft deleted