1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Environmental pet peeve

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Beef03, Apr 25, 2010.

1. You mean the southern U.S. or the U.S.?
    As far as I know low-flow toilets are federally mandated. You can't buy them anywhere (Lowes, Home Depot, Taget Walmart) in the United States.

2. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Sorry, I meant U.S. I am Canadian.

3. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

king of the hill was the low-flow toilet during water rationing. married with children was al buying a ferguson toilet - the king of bowls.

and i now feel sad for myself that i retained this information.

4. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Ugh, I just installed them in my bathroom, a line of three above my mirror. It's not like I miss the toilet or anything, but they don't light up fast enough to allow me to read SI before I'm done with my dump.

Speaking of TMI...

Anyway, yeah, they suck. I would switch back if they weren't so fucking expensive in the first place.

5. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Hate the swirly-Q light bulbs, but once in an apartment where I lived (and they paid the utilities), they installed "conservation" shower heads. It was hard to get wet, hard to shampoo and rinse. Damn that thing.

6. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Are those low pressure or just low output -- as in like three holes instead of a ring of holes?

7. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Sounds petty, but it annoys the hell out of me that I stop into the drugstore or drive thru a fast-food joint for two items and my receipt is two-feet long, including the company's pledge to go green.

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Having gone through the immigration process, it's somewhat annoying to see the USCIS talk about things like "Paperwork Reduction Act" while at the same time demanding that you send in reams of paperwork with writing on only one side of the paper.

9. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

Low-flow shower heads. My landlord installed them in my apartment complex (yep, just like the Seinfeld episode). The next day I was off to the hardware to purchase a Moen with power.

10. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

At a hotel once I had one that was so plugged up, only about 3 tiny streams of water were coming out. I got a good grip on it, gave it a twist and I was able to unscrew it without any tools. Just having one decent stream of water coming out of the pipe was better than that water-saving piece of shit that would have forced me to stay in the shower for an hour to rinse all the soap off.

11. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I have no problem with CF lightbulbs.
    I'm philosophically opposed to ethanol/E85 transition.

12. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Cigarette smokers in cars: The world is not your ash tray

Draft saved Draft deleted